Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Legends and Losers Intro

 


This will be an ongoing series I plan to do revolving around baseball Legends that I have created MLB Showdown custom cards for.  Some of these will be Hall of Fame Career cards or Franchise greats career cards.  Some will just be great seasons and MVP, CY Young, and Rookie of the Year cards.

As for the "Losers", the plan here is to create those great teams that didn't win it all as well as some great players that unfortunately are mostly remembered for that one time they "blew" the game.  We rarely give the player that made the play enough credit but we like to blame the other guy.  Occasionally I'll throw in some comparison cards for guys that "lost" aka didn't win awards to get some debates as to whether the voters got it right.

Anyway, to begin I figured I'd give you the true "Losers" of the day and throw out a few of the replacement level players I've created.  These guys aren't going to make a team better but they will be fine for the cheap...I mean smaller market managers to stash on their bench and hope not to need often.  I've create 5 benches worth...here is a sneak peak at a few players.  I'll post up the finalized versions of each set soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment